Saturday, August 26, 2006

something d3ad on the road to Tucumcari

I finished Bless Me, Ultima ..
I'm not guna write it all for you this time,
but just know that I loved this book .

Especially from Chapter 17 on,
it is everything my blog is about ..

Agnostic curiosity ..

. Poor Florence .

It was much better than Things Fall Apart for sure ..
but maybe just because I had more to relate it to ?

Some memorable quotes :

" I think if there is a he11
it's just a place where you're left all alone,
with nobody around you.
Man, when you're alone you don't have to burn,
just being by yourself for all of time
would be the worst punishment.... "
~ 188 ~

" There seemed to be no one to turn to for solace.
And when the dying Christ cried,
'My God, my God, why hast Thou forsaken me?'
the words seemed to drive through to my heart
and make me feel alone and lost in a dying universe. "
~ 199 ~

" Everything I believed in was destroyed.
A painful wrenching in my heart made me cry aloud,
'My God, my God, why have you forsaken me!' "
~ 233 ~

34 pages apart ..
this is ingenious writing

And as for the numbers ..
I don't believe in coincidences

.....

Hey, it turns out I was right after all ..

Welcome, Rudy Wellsand;
you're right about my title ..
I'll be sure to read what you have to say,
but I'll have to get a Bible first ..

 
All information, unless otherwise sourced, copyright 2005-7 Agnocure .
All rights reserved . No plagiarism without permission, please .