Wednesday, April 11, 2007

a few more words my hands have wrenched from my heart

It bothers me how there aren't really a whole lot of words available to describe those people who work with the arts . " Artist " ought to be a general term, but when you call someone an artist, people generally think only of painters and drawers and the sort . Drawers ... You mean like in a desk or a dresser ? What kind of a lame term is that .. ? And what should I call myself ? A writer, perhaps ? Much too simple . Yet an author is thought of as someone who writes novels ... I am more of a poet usually . But poetry is not all I do . All of these terms are too broad, too general ... One word can rarely depict with accuracy what comprises an artist's work . Then again, I suppose that is half the beauty of language . Sometimes using a multitude of words when a few could easily convey the same point, adds to the capability of comprehension and makes the entire concept more enjoyable in itself . Sure, it would be easier to understand if there were more concise terms for workers of the arts . But why not, if you are verbose routinely, express your routines in a verbose manner ? As I have just done, or begun to do at least, I suppose .

~~~~~

It's powerful because it's true .

All I know is,
if it weren't for this little obsession of mine,
I would not have written nearly as much or as often as I have .
So maybe, through thick and thin,
it truly is for the best .

Just think about that .
In addition to the fact that everything I do
only brings you that much closer to him .

~~~~~

I marvel at the sight of fire .
My eyes follow without hesitation
the jumping sparks of flame through the air .
I bask in the soothing smell of smoke .
Is that a bad sign ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

three things:

#1. as your friend, i'm advising you: don't become a pyro.

#2. as just an innocent bystander (ha!) i'm hoping that you: don't become a pyro.

#3. as a person who reads this blog out of pure boredom and need of something interesting to read, i'm telling you: don't become a pyro. (because then you'll end up burning yourself / your computer up and then i'll have absolutely nothing to read!) lol

~demon anarchy

ps: don't become a pyro.

 
All information, unless otherwise sourced, copyright 2005-7 Agnocure .
All rights reserved . No plagiarism without permission, please .