Friday, February 16, 2007

something just a little bit stronger

With Valentines ' Day come and gone once again, and nothing to show for it, I have decided to do something real this year . Or .. make something real, which could never be quite real enough before .

" Love Me Just Once "
A Fantasy by Siesta Lingo

The following is everything I ever wanted to say to you, but could never get the chance to .

I love you . I know the three words are used again and again . I know they can all take on a thousand different meanings, especially the one in the middle . I know it is often expressed alongside silly little things like food or material items, trifles . I know every little boy or grrl says it to their pet, ironically right before it dies, at which point they feel all their hopes and dreams have been shattered and they fear they will never feel such a strong emotion ever again . I know every awkward teenager says it when they first meet someone who genuinely likes them back, someone they can trust . I know I am living in a Hollywood world . I know that traditional, conditional love rarely lasts longer than a few short months before it is thrown away and quickly replaced by another .

But I also know that my love is different . My love keeps me up all night, wondering . My love holds me waiting for you, hoping . Hoping that you will soon finally understand, or at least see one day in the distant future, how much you truly mean to me . Hoping that you will recognize that I have something you could use, your missing piece . Hoping you will give me one more chance . Hoping you will realize that you belong in my arms . Let me hold you dearly, and I will never let you go . Not when push comes to shove, not when the world turns against you . Even when the sky turns dark and the stars burn out and all your worst fears and nightmares come back to haunt you, I will hold you close . I will drive away your worries and your strife, I will protect you from all of the unknown .

My love is unconditional . My love is a wish, a wish that you will love me back . A wish only you can grant . I wish you would notice me, would talk to me, would look into my eyes . I wish you would smile, would appreciate me, would give me a hug . Remember what you thought of me before you thought about it . Experience the pleasure of acting on a whim . Imagine how safe and secure, how warm, how right your body would feel cuddled up beside mine . Your hand in mine, interlocked gracefully . Give it a squeeze and I will only hold you tighter, closer . I could help you achieve what you have always wanted . I wish you would promise me you will always be there, I wish you could assure me you will stay always right by my side . I would be more than happy, ecstatic, elated, overjoyed if you would comply . I am prepared to enforce a commitment, to spend the rest of my life with you . But if you don't want to, I am fine with that too . Whatever makes you happy, whatever tickles your fancy .

But it would mean the world to me if you would love me just once . If you would take some time out just for me . If you would listen, savour my words, filter everyone else out . If you would stare into my eyes without hesitation, and see the world looking back at you . All I need is to know for one moment, is to have the knowledge that I have you here with me . All I need is one time to make the rest of my life worthwhile . One dance, one kiss, one walk to remember . One sunset, one fantasy, one dream . One moonlit meeting under the starry skies, shining their light through the filters of the trees . One romantic movie, one night out, one gift that will hopefully keep on giving . You may not want to listen to me right now, but please understand that all I want is you . It would mean the world to me if you would love me just once . Just let me paint a picture of your beautiful face, engrave your perfect features in my memory . Nothing else will ever matter if you never love me for who I am .


[ Disclaimer : Of course this is exaggeration at some parts . I have an overactive imagination . But if I told you that beforehand, the effect would diminish, and it would just not sound nearly as beautiful . So, please don't be angry . ]
[ Follow-up to disclaimer : An overactive imagination is right . I find myself eager, almost looking, for drama in my life, simply because it would make a good story . And the truth is, as I told you once, my dear, if you happen to remember, I don't really care what happens to me most of the time, so long as I get a good story out of it . ]

No comments:

 
All information, unless otherwise sourced, copyright 2005-7 Agnocure .
All rights reserved . No plagiarism without permission, please .