Monday, December 11, 2006

a collection of leftover thoughts

A Collection of Leftover Thoughts
( or, Enough Words to be Considered Important ) :
[ started the second afternoon of December ]

I try to be open-minded . I attempt to be accomodating . I strive to accept anyone and everyone who is a part of my life, a feat which many do not care to do for me . And I believe that no thought is unimportant or insignificant . But there are infinite ways to look at everything . If there were only one answer to every problem, only one way out of every situation, only one true road at each crossroads, with no need for a detour choice .. If there were only my way, and no highway option; think how much easier everything would be . Then think how boring it all would be . So the plethora ( excuse me for my overuse of the word ) of viewpoints available is often a good thing . It gives us variety, the spice of life, and adds that third dimension to the world -- like Frankenstein . Even when I myself look back on something a few mere hours later, I see it in an entirely different manner than I did before . But this aspect of life often leads to a great downfall . " They say that love conquers all .. but so can hat3 . " The fact that everyone sees everything in a completely different way than the person next to them, or across from them, or living a thousand miles away and thinking of them, practically scares us out of our wits . We often suddenly get the feeling that nothing in this world is certain -- which, to the best of my knowledge, is entirely true -- and this state of uncertainty, this field of ambiguity, unsettles us, makes us uneasy . And we are confused . And if we can find the wisdom to look this confusion in the eye and past it, beyond it, to the yonder lengths of " outside the box, " and search for an answer, to solve this riddling problem confronting us; we are spurred to write thousands upon thousands of words on, to some, seemingly meaningless topics, which to us are some of the most essential thoughts in our world . And we cannot help but continually remember that time long ago when everything was simple . When we were very young, and we didn't know any better .

I need to increase my vocabulary . I find myself struggling to find the words I want and need to express my feelings clearly and easily . But then again, some of them do not exist . That is the little problem with language . Oftentimes it is difficult to determine the correct word, because there are so many, yet not enough . And my writing .. third place is not sufficient, for me .

I find it interesting how everything fits together so amazingly . I think .. strike that, let me try again . Think of a time, a memory, just one moment in your life that you remember relatively clearly and distinctly . Remember what you did then . Look back on your thoughts and feelings in that instant, and what you did to act on them . Now determine what happened because of that . And then ask yourself, what would happen if you had done something else ? How much would have changed because of that one little, seemingly meaningless, unimportant, or insignificant moment ? What would be different now ? How much did your answer to that one question really matter ? And think of the time span, too . Everything you do takes up a perfectly unique unit of time . If you had done something even the slightest bit different, it would take a little bit longer, or a little less time; and everything in turn would be thrown off by those few seconds or milliseconds . Which may not seem like a lot, but believe me, it adds up . And so, everything that follows in the sequence of events would then be just that little bit tweaked, which can matter to an extreme extent . Those few little seconds or minutes could be the deciding factor in the future of a relationship months or years to come . Or even next week, or tomorrow . The butterfly effect . If you really think about it, about everything you have done, and everything you have not done, you begin to analyze a lot more . As I am doing, not just in my writing, but even more in my mind right now . And I would say " overanalyze, " but I don't think there is such a thing . I don't believe it is possible to think too much . You might think so much it hurts, or too much for your own good, but it is never too much for the good of others . Which is, a great portion of the time, why I think . This point is conveyed quite nicely in the poem " Smile, " by Barbara Hauck .

" She smiled at a sorrowful stranger . The smile seemed to make him feel better . He remembered past kindnesses of a friend and wrote him a thank-you letter . The friend was so pleased with the thank-you that he left a large tip after lunch . The waitress, surprised by the size of the tip, bet the whole thing on a hunch . The next day she picked up her winnings, and gave part to a man on the street . The man on the street was grateful; for two days he'd had nothing to eat . After he finished his dinner, he left for his small dingy room . ( He didn't know at that moment that he might be facing his doom . ) On the way he picked up a shivering puppy and took him home to get warm . The puppy was very grateful to be in out of the storm . That night the house caught on fire . The puppy barked the alarm . He barked 'til he woke the whole household and saved everybody from harm . One of the boys that he rescued grew up to be President . All this because of a simple smile that hadn't cost a cent . "

And this is what my point is when I say no thought is unimportant or insignificant; because everything runs together in the wake of time . But it could be argued how much everything really does matter, because it really does just matter what time it is . When you look back on what you have done in the past, it obviously does matter to an extreme extent, because you can already see everything that you could not see before . But at the time you are doing something, you really have no idea what effect anything will have on the future, because six billion others are also doing something at the same time you are, and their actions, believe it or not, will have an effect on your future as well . Although, as much as it adds to my meaning, the effect of the lecture, I really should not say " your " future, since everyone obviously has the same future, as there is only one Time of which all of us as we know ourselves to be are a part . And so this prompts my next point in a matter of wording : that time really is the deciding factor in everything . No matter how much you try to affect the future, nothing is your fault . It is time . Time does everything . Six billion other people are also trying to affect the future, plus the forces of nature and so on . I may seem to be contradicting myself, but that is only because time makes it certain that nothing can truly be understood . This world as we know it is one thing, but what about the Rest as we do not know it ? And so it is really quite difficult to express what I am trying to say, but I think I am trying my best . And I am doing better, getting closer, to finding pure thought, and to saving the world .

And Time rambles on with a slow and steady pace, not stopping for anyone, yet not passing anyone by . Every second is a second you can never get back . Every minute is a chance you can never relive . Every hour is another regret for your plethora .

Every little thing counts, yet none of it really matters .
It all depends on how you look at it .
As I find myself continually saying the same things over and over, and running out of newfound generic ideas, I decide I should now try to start focusing more on specific things .

Rebellion is the answer to all our problems .. But some other people don't think so . You don't believe me either ? I'll prove it, transitively .. in just a moment .
I watched Koko : A Talking Gorilla .. and in conjunction with what we are talking about in English concerning cloning, I begin to question the definition of human conscience .
And I have found an answer :
To question is to rebel .
To rebel is to get answered .
To get answered is to understand .
To understand is to be conscious .
To be conscious is to be human .
To be human is to be accepted .
To be accepted is to agree .
To agree is to be happy .
The key to all our happyness, is in the questioning . All we need to do, is cooperate .

Guau . That's so pro .
I amaze myself .

= 1525 words .

Laughter, and unnecessary commas .
This is like, absolutely appropriate for me right now .

Now, I am looking at things with a much different light .
Mygah .

= and 25 more .
Truly .

No comments:

 
All information, unless otherwise sourced, copyright 2005-7 Agnocure .
All rights reserved . No plagiarism without permission, please .