Tuesday, August 08, 2006

. some new vocabulary .

I have blisters .
on my feet ..

Only two things make me sweat .
DDR and grrls ..

Censorship is pretty dumb ..

I was listening to "U and Dat"
last night on kDay ..
( I don't usually listen to kDay,
but nothing else was on )
and they blocked out 'monkey' .

Since when is monkey a bad word ?!
I mean, I know it's a euphemism ..
But anyone who knows that will know what word it is even if it is censored ..
And anyone who doesn't will just wonder why they blocked it out,
when if they didn't then they would have just thought the song was about a monkey !

I think they've kinda missed the point of censorship ..
Wasn't the original point to prevent little kids from hearing the bad words ?
Kids like to hear about monkeys .
It's not a bad word to them ..

Maybe "U and Dat" was their favorite song before, from some other radio station,
and they never really thought about what it really meant ..
but now that it's censored,
kDay has basically just taught them a new bad word .

But they don't block out 'booty' ..
Doesn't it seem like that would be a smarter choice,
if they had to block out one of them ?
I mean, they shouldn't block out either one really ..
b/c booty could mean pirate's treasure
- AARR ! -

I didn't even know what it meant until I heard this song ..
Hey Mom, I learned what a monkey is !

* sigh *

Savvy ?

Speaking of Pirates,
I still haven't gotten to see that movie ..
ggrrrrr ..
I want to !

.. Ah, well .

This has been Colllllllin with his 100th post,
hoping you have a great rest-of-the-summer,
and may censorship teach you some new vocabulary .

8b..

No comments:

 
All information, unless otherwise sourced, copyright 2005-7 Agnocure .
All rights reserved . No plagiarism without permission, please .