Thursday, April 19, 2007

a realistic viewpoint of the world

[ Part One of a Series on Random Belief Speculation ( Rabies ) ]

" An upward movement initiated in time can counteract fate . "
~ Fortune's Cookie ~

Usually I brush off these meaningless fortunes,
take them lightly, don't think much about them;
but when they mention fate,
it is hard to not feel I have to reply .

I try my best to have a realistic viewpoint of the world . This, naturally, does not include religion . ( I'll get further into that later . ) However, I do believe that there must be some higher Power, some way to explain what we, as much as you might like to think we do, have no way to explain by ourselves . So I come to the concept of Fate . No, I don't believe that Fate controls every single aspect of our lives . Determinism ? That's not sensible . Instead :

I theorize that everyone is born with equal genes . Every bad gene is made up for somehow, in one way or another, with a good gene . The way we develop these genes, though, these innate powers, is up to us . The way we grow up determines our future . So in a sense, all people are equal . But it would be foolish to say that everyone is equal now, or at any point in our lives .

Speaking of genes .. I remember, this topic came up in a seminar in English, but I did not get a chance to expand on it . We were discussing Antigone and the importance of loyalty to family . A load of cod's wallop, that is . Essentially, all family is ( in my eyes ) is basically just your default friends . People you can go to when everyone else turns their back on you, and who are forced - a bit harsh, I suppose - required - to take you in and comfort you, at least until you become an adu17 yourself . ( If I am mistaken, please, correct me . I would absolutely hat3 to be wrong . But I do not think I have lied yet . ) But you don't necessarily have to like your family, and you might not want to . After all, people are different . Not everyone gets along, it is a fact of life . And as far as I know, personality is not determined by your genes . So ( although it is probably not likely, since your family should primarily be the people raising you and teaching you how to live your life ) you might end up having a completely different personality than the rest of your family, and not want to spend time with them so much . And that's perfectly fine .. as long as everyone is happy with it .

It is not like some people appear to think, that loyalty to family is an innate responsibility, and that if you betray your family it is practically a sin . Family is not to friends as square is to rectangle . I think I have made it clear enough . I do not mean to diss my family or anyone else's .. I just think you shouldn't be forced to hang out with people who make you miserable, if that be the case .

No comments:

 
All information, unless otherwise sourced, copyright 2005-7 Agnocure .
All rights reserved . No plagiarism without permission, please .