Tuesday, April 24, 2007

the one fish in miles and miles of ocean

( Meaningless Rhapsody : Part 1 )
" Scribbles on a Napkin "
by Siesta Lingo

[ I wrote this months ago ..
but never really felt it was worth posting ]

I've been through lots of things .
I've been through wishing I could go where the birds sing,
wishing I could fly away, wishing for wings
that could take me high, way up above the trees .
But please, watch out for grumpy bumblebees .
Don't tease, you might get an allergic reaction
and sneeze, and wheeze, and fall and break your knees .
What then ?

I've been through lots of emotions .
I've tried to understand a few thousand notions,
tried to think, tried to keep my mind in motion,
tried to find the one fish in miles and miles of ocean .

I've been through lots of songs .
Each one sounds great, but there is something wrong,
something missing . I tried to put it all in words,
but there is something forgotten that I know you deserved
all along . And still here I am, playing ping-pong
with my opinions . You know I've been playing too long,
and are you winning ? Can't tell, decent scoring's long gone .
What now ?

Let's take it slow .
Let's talk about it, take our time,
but first think how everything could be sublime,
with me you know it all could be perfectly fine .
Let's see, consider your wants, and factor in mine .
Two plus two is four, and carry the one .
The clock is ticking, just look at the time .

Another second, I'm wondering what's on your mind .
Another minute, I'm seeing you for who you are .
Another hour, I smile for no reason at all,
except the power of every little meaningless call .
Another day, I'm thinking maybe you are the one,
or maybe her, or maybe someone that I don't even know .
Another week, I wish I'd never second-guessed you .
We could be the best of friends, I could have kissed you .

Maybe not, but something pretty close to that .
We could be holding hands, just goes to show you that
every second counts . So most importantly,
stop, think about where you're at,
and don't hesitate to step up to bat
and swing .

No comments:

 
All information, unless otherwise sourced, copyright 2005-7 Agnocure .
All rights reserved . No plagiarism without permission, please .