Wednesday, May 16, 2007

revisiting a neglected desire ( or twelve )

I remember saying that I would try not to laugh when I really shouldn't .
If you don't, it went something like this .

I found the perfect article on WikiHow .
And this one might help, as well .
Check them out if you have a similar problem .
I have read both of them; they are superb .

Or you can look for a different approach,
if perhaps you don't laugh nearly enough .
WikiHow is useful for all situations .

Be creative .

~~~~~

I now shall check up on my New Year's Resolutions,
and see if I have made any progress at all .

Ironically enough, I typed Revolutions acc1d3ntally at first .
This year's goals, copied and pasted ( without the parenthetical notes-to-self ),
and how I have been doing on them so far :

1. To keep my Resolutions .
} Err .. shall I come back to this one ?

2. To not screw anything up this year .
} Failed ! Next ...

3. To revisit my days with Lenna .
} Limbo . Not quite yet, but there is still plenty of time left in the year .

4. To get a 4.0 !
} Limbo . I am pretty close, or at least much closer than I have ever been before .

5. To sleep less .
} Passing ! I feel pretty confident with this one .

6. To finish my blog .
} Passing ! I might be a few posts behind, but I can surely do it . Just watch me ...

7. To face my fears .
} Limbo . I'll say I have tried, but I still have a whole lot of insecurities .
} Oh, in a manner of speaking ? In that case, Passed !

8. To develop a System .
} Limbo . I'll get to that at some point in the undesignated future .

9. To read a Chapter a day .
} Failing . I am about a month behind . I will put in much more time on focusing on reading and writing, though, when school is coming to an end, or has ended .

10. To watch less television .
} Limbo . I never really watched that much to begin with .. but I suppose I have been watching less, if only because my siblings won't let us get caught up .

11. To leave / make more time for writing .
} Passing ! I have definitely done this .. and I feel much better because of it .

12. To be more confident .
} Errrr .. yeahh . About that ... Let me think .
} Let me think hard and long about this one . Okay . Passing !

It being near the middle of the year,
it makes sense that most of my goals are in limbo .
But I am sure by the end of the year,
I will have established a success or a failure on each one
( and hopefully the majority will be successes ) .

So, let's tally up the scores :

One passed .
Four passing .
Four in limbo .
One failing .
One failed .

I would say, for the most part,
my number one goal amounts to a Passing !
Yay !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good job on those resolutions! (who cares about 1 failure...you passed 4)




and i read those "stop laughing" things....yeah. trying to cover up a laugh with a cough DOES NOT work. i've tried it way too many times.

 
All information, unless otherwise sourced, copyright 2005-7 Agnocure .
All rights reserved . No plagiarism without permission, please .